Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life Changing Love

There is no sweeter memory than falling in love. You know, over-your-head, in-too-deep, no-turning-back, life-changing-love. The kind of love that smacks you right in the heart, and forever leaves it's mark.

Not sure such a love exists? I assure you it does - I am living proof.

The day I met Him, I knew I was a goner! He was so unlike anyone I had ever met. He pursued me, protected me, loved me, and cared for me. I was blown away by His depth of devotion. It was easy to love Him because, He had first loved me. I gave Him my heart and He was faithful.

Over the years, just as in the beginning, He continued to pursue, protect, love, and care for me. Even in the times when my heart grew cold for Him, He stayed. He never ceased calling me to return to Him. How it must have grieved Him to watch me give to others what belonged to Him.

Years after I first gave Him my heart, I gave up the fight. When I surrendered, I embraced His heart and accepted His love. That's the day forever etched in my heart, the day I fell head-over-heels in love with Jesus. Today, that love compels me to tell others, this Love does exist.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I just got to listen in to the thoughts of your heart, Patty. Thank you for sharing and for the encouragement that there is "so much more."
    - Julie

    ReplyDelete