Sunday, May 18, 2014

New Beginnings

Before my feet hit the floor this morning, I knew.

With every fiber of my being, I knew. The rubber would meet the road today. 

Today would be a day of a "new" beginning. 

Sounds great, right? What' s not to love about new?

New is exciting. 

New is fun.

New is exhilirating. 

Yes, yes and yes ... new can be all of those things. 

But as anyone who has ever walked in anything "new" knows ... 

New can be very risky. 

New can be very costly.

New can be very scary. 

I'm a pretty adventurous girl and have walked with Jesus a long time but ... there are times when "new" shakes me to my very core. How about you?

Father God, as women, we are often driven by our desire for safety and security. Help us to remember in times of "new beginnings" true safety and security are found only in You. Give us the strength and the courage to say "yes, Lord" when You bring us to something new. No matter the cost. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment