Monday, June 29, 2009

Marriage, Pucker or Duck! - Part 1

I can honestly say - I love being married. I can also honestly say - there is nothing God uses more than my marriage to conform me to the image of His Son! To which my hubby would give a hearty amen, if you know what I'm saying. : )

After hearing the above truth, a married person will (most likely) respond in one of the following ways:

With a smile

Or

With a strong desire to smack the "bearer" upside the head with the nearest blunt object


Believe me, I understand... thus the title, "Marriage, Pucker or Duck!"


Let's begin with a question. Whose idea was it anyway?

Before you de-friend the person who introduced you and your spouse, that's not what I meant.

What I'm asking is - Whose idea was marriage?

In the book of Genesis, we see... Marriage was (and is!) God's idea.

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” Gen 2:18

When we read on, we see that God was (and is!) present at the wedding.

...and brought her to the man. Gen 2:22


News flash - whether you invited God to your wedding or not, He was there.

Whether you had a church wedding or not, He was there.

Town Hall, Vegas, drive-thru wedding chapel in the mountains, He was there.

Whether you regret it or not, He was there.

Whether you question now if it was even God's will, He was there.

Last week we looked at some of the devastating ripple effects of divorce. This week, we are taking our eyes off of divorce and setting our hearts on marriage. Join me on Thursday for Part 2 of "Marriage, Pucker or Duck!"

2 comments:

  1. I love God's idea. :) Thanks for the encouraging reminder today. Tomorrow is our 19th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 years, you go girl. Happy Anniversary, Julie. : )

    ReplyDelete