Monday, June 15, 2009

Life's What You Make It - So Let's Make It Rock...

If you have a daughter, a grandaugther, a niece, a sister, or just know a girl under the age of 18, you may recognize the above title as a popular Hannah Montana song.

Why would I choose it for this blog post? Allow me to explain...

As I write this, I am one day removed from a fun, fast-paced, wonderful adventure, with my 7 year old grandaughter. Yes, I said grandaughter. And yes, I AM too young to be a grandmother. Thank you for noticing. Now, let's move on. : )

The past two weeks can be summed up with one word - FUN!

My baby girl and I were determined, and you might even say, on a mission. Our goal was to enjoy our time together, and to make the most of each day while we were together.

We laughed, we played, we tried new things, and we visited new places. And everywhere we went, we sang!

Boy did we sing.

What did we sing?

You guessed it - one of our favorites was...

Life's what you make it, so let's make it ROCK!!! Everybody now...

Can you see how that could get stuck in your head?

It did.

It is.

And I hope it continues to be.

The attitude permeated our minds, and was manifest in our actions.

The result, we responded well to what each new day held.

We rolled with "surprises" and "interruptions" to our plans.

We continued "on purpose" with a song in our heart.

We had a blast and life "Rocked!"

Check back on Thursday as we look further into a life that "Rocks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment