Saturday, August 28, 2010

What Are You Choosing?

If you read my previous blog "Wake Up Church" you know I have a fire in my belly when it comes to divorce. I get so angry when I see marriages (and families) fall apart because of selfishness. That said, I want to make it clear it is NOT selfish to protect yourself and your children. If you (or your children) are in an unsafe situation .... you should seek safe shelter, safe counsel, and PROTECTION immediately!

However, if you are a woman (or man) who has simply "fallen out of love" with your spouse you need to be reminded >>> love is a choice.

We choose daily to love (or not love) our spouses.

We choose daily to forgive (or not forgive) our spouses.

We choose daily to commit (or not commit) to our marriage.

Divorce doesn't happen overnight. It takes many little choices not to love, not to forgive, and not to commit before we end up contemplating divorce.

What are you choosing?

No comments:

Post a Comment