Thursday, August 19, 2010

Apologize Once ...

Have you ever had God CLEARLY speak to you through the voice of a small child? I have! The most recent example occurred last night.

With this being the first week of school there has been much activity, much excitement, and much adjustment. Which means (at times) much stress! You may give a hearty amen, or just simply groan. : )

Yesterday, during one of those stressed out "mom" moments (you know the ones when you should count to ten before you speak but you don't) I gave one of those "I've had it up to here!" speeches. Now, what I said was certainly true, and you might even say understandable under the circumstances ... it was not kind. There lies the problem. So I did what any loving parent will do when they "blow it" .... I sincerely apologized for the unkind tone in which I had spoken. My precious little g-daughter graciously accepted my apology.

About an hour later (unable to forgive myself) I apologized again.

This is when God spoke to me. Through her sweet little 8 year old lips, she said ... "I forgive you Gramma. I love you. You only need to apologize once. Now, let's forget it." I hugged her and told her she was wise beyond her years and acting just like Jesus. She grinned.

So why do I share this with you? Because (like me) maybe you also would be encouraged by a reminder. There will be times we are unable to forgive ourselves but .... if we will listen .... we will hear the sweet voice of our Father saying, "I love you. I forgive you. You only need to apologize once. Now, let's forget it."

No comments:

Post a Comment