Monday, February 22, 2010

"Sat(her)day" Anew

The only good thing about being sick is ...

how much bluer the sky is

how much brighter the sun is

and how much whiter (and fluffier) the clouds are when you get past it. Smile.

I spent my "Sat(her)day" time taking a stroll through one of my favorite local parks. I took time to enjoy (anew) the beauty of God's creation which I so often take for granted. I gave thanks for the blessing of health which I so often take for granted. I enjoyed (anew) the joy that springs from a thankful heart for the things which I so often take for granted.

Was being sick fun? Absolutely not, but it sure put things in perspective.

Take a moment today and give thanks for some of the things you often take for granted.

1 comment:

  1. So very true, Patty. Thanks for giving this perspective. I'll remember it, cuz my loved ones are suspiciously "puny" tonight and we may be heading down the sick road. ;)

    ReplyDelete