Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Sat(her)day" Sick Day

Actually, sick month is more like it. :)

Why can't everyone be sick at one time and just get it over with???

It hit my son ... 4 weeks ago. My husband ... 3 weeks ago. My sweet little g-daughter ... 2 weeks ago. And finally me ... 1 week ago!

I rarely get sick but when I do, I tend to think of all the things I SHOULD be doing instead of taking care of what is most necessary .... to REST and recover. Maybe that's why this one hit me so hard.

Each day this week, I made a mental list of everything I planned to accomplish the following day. Today, 6 days later, I can see how foolish it was not to embrace my assignment to be still and recover.

I will not even pretend I was completely faithful (or rejoicing at all times) with my "down" time this week, those of you that know me would not allow me to even if I tried (grin) but I will say this .... often times our greatest inconveniences turn to be our greatest blessings.

Today, I am choosing to be content with the inconvenience of sickness and thankful for the opportunity to rest and recover. : )

1 comment: