Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Sat(her)day" Content to be Snowed-In

With great anticipation I (like countless others in East Tennessee) stocked up on provisions necessary to make being "snowed-in" a memorable experience.

All week we have heard of the massive snow storm which was headed our way. Safely at home, and fully prepared, I was excited about what was to come.

Just as the weatherman had predicted, almost to the very minute, the snow began. It was beautiful! Big, heavy, wet snow flakes began to fall, and fall, and fall .... it was a doozy of a snow storm. I was giddy with anticipation of what was yet to come. But then the unthinkable happened! The system shifted.

Seemed our neighbors, the counties and states around us, would get the BIG snow we had anticipated and been promised ALL week! : (

I'm convinced our local weathermen are wondering (along with me!) who prayed them out of a job. That's just not nice. (grin)

We did get our snow. Just not the snow we had anticipated.

We got just enough to be beautiful. Just enough for the kids to play. Just enough to cover everything with a white blanket. But not enough to snow us in. No, that is a choice. One I am happy to make.

Today, I am spending my "Sat(her)day" delightfully content in being snowed-in at home with the love of my life and my BFF. Gotta run. : )

1 comment:

  1. It WAS really nice to have the excuse to just stay in, wasn't it? :) Loved it .... want more!

    ReplyDelete