Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Sat(her)day" - All Things Have Become New ...

I love the New Year!

No, not because I am one of those "resolutioners". I have labored through enough resolutions to know they usually do little more than make me feel like a failure by February. (Grin)

So what is it that I love about the New Year?

The New Year (for me) is a vivid reminder of the invitation to "begin" again.

God says in His Word, His mercies are new every morning.

During my "Sat(her)day" time today, I spent some time reflecting on the immeasurable grace of my God. And reminding myself … He is sovereign.

Today was a day of letting go ...

I let go of MY expectations.

I let go of MY disappointments.

I let go of MY hurts.

I let go of MY feelings of inadequacy.

I let go of MY agenda.

I let GOD comfort me.

I let GOD refresh me.

I let GOD validate me.

I let GOD re-direct me.

Maybe you, like me, need to spend some time reflecting on the beauty of God's grace. Each new day is an invitation to begin again. : )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat(her)day may be done on any day (that works well for you) of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women in leadership to plan time for themselves at least once a week. My Saturday blog has proven to be an effective means of holding myself accountable. I hope it inspires you to the same accountability. : )

1 comment: