Monday, July 6, 2009

Marriage, Pucker or Duck! - Part 3

In Parts 1 & 2, we have already established:

  • Marriage was (and is!) God's idea. Gen 2:18
  • Marriage was (and is!) good. Gen 2:18
  • God did (and does!) give the wife to be a helper suitable for her own husband. Gen 2:22

As I write these words, I am certain there will be women who will read them with smoke coming out of their ears! How can I be so sure? Because, I am a woman. And, also a wife.

At the risk of raising our "I am woman" blood pressure even higher, may I suggest... the reason we are offended is because we don't understand. Or (dare I say) because we don't trust the heart of our Creator, the Creator of marriage?

It's easy to become offended by a God we do not trust.

It's impossible to trust God's heart without taking off our lenses that have become bent, banged, and broken, by the lies of this world.

So... Putting on new lenses of faith, let's look at what God says about marriage.

  • Does God say, a woman is less valuable than a man? Absolutely, not!
  • Does God say, a woman is different than a man? Absolutely!

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Gen 1:27

Man (male and female) was created by God, in God's image. Yes both, husbands and wives, are equally valuable, and equally loved.

On Thursday, we will continue to take off our tarnished lenses, as we look more closely at "suitable" helper. Join me then...

No comments:

Post a Comment