Thursday, July 9, 2009

Marriage, Pucker or Duck! - Part 4

A friend recently asked me how many more parts there were in this series on marriage. Maybe you, like she, are wondering the same. I don't know what number we'll end up with but, I know this - I'm setting up camp here and I invite you, like my friend, to pitch a tent with me.

In parts 1, 2, & 3, we have already established the following:
  • Marriage is God's idea.
  • God created marriage.
  • A wife is given in marriage (by God) to her husband as a "suitable" helper.

Today, as promised on Thursday, we're looking at suitable.

Webster's defines suitable as:

  • similiar, alike in substance or essentials
  • matching, equal
  • proper, belonging to one
  • able, having sufficient power, skill, resources
  • qualified, fitted (as by training or experience) for a given purpose
  • fit, to harmonize with

Hang with me here, so we could also say...

A wife is able, having the sufficient power, skill, and resources to help her husband. Being like him, one with him, and his equal, her training or experience, has given her the ability to harmonize with him. Wow, there's alot to unpack in suitable? My favorite part is the end. Did you catch it?

A wife is given as a "suitable" helper to her husband for what purpose?

... To harmonize with him.

Aaaahhhh, this "suitable" helper thing is sounding better, and better, isn't it?

We'll pick up here (on the harmony) on Monday, hope you'll join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment