Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Didn't Know It Was That!

Her eyes sparkled with excitement. Her mouth drooled with anticipation. Fork in hand, she prepared to dive into her favorite dish. Then, the unthinkable happened. She pushed away her plate and said the following ... "I didn't know it was that! How can something so delicious be so disgusting?"

  • The she was my precious granddaughter. 
  • The what was (delicious) fettucini alfredo.

Seems the chef had been a bit careless in his preparation that day. In his haste, he had neglected to whisk together the ingredients that make alfredo. The creamy yummyness she expected to see in her bowl was a pool of yellowish white yuck.

When she looked down and saw it ... for what it truly was ... she no longer had an appetite for it.

I will admit the "momma" in me said a little, "Thank you Jesus" at that very moment. I had often voiced my gentle guidance on the importance of making healthy choices with food. So, I was pleased. Yes, I was VERY pleased. A hundred years of guidance wouldn't have had the same impact as seeing it with her own eyes had that day. 

Mommas & Gram-mommas are to lovingly guide the little ones entrusted to us.

Even when they roll their eyes ... don't you dare stop guiding. But we are also to pray.

Pray God will open their eyes and allow them to see for themselves what might be hiding in all the pleasures of the flesh they may seek to enjoy. Pray God will bring them to a personal conviction; not just a momma or gram-momma said no conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment