Saturday, May 9, 2009

What's a Woman's Greatest Sin?

As a former radio DJ I am no stranger to live interviews. I have seen, and heard, just about everything. Or so I thought...

She said the interview hit a snag with the final question. The question was - So tell us, what is a woman's greatest sin? All she could think was... Are you for real? I don't know!

My sides hurt from laughter as I listened to this poor victim of the "surprise" question give an account of her answer. It was simply one word - comparison. And she says to this day, she's sticking with it. Along with her new rule to NEVER give live interviews! : )

As I listened to her funny story, I was so thankful it was HER funny story. I can not even imagine being put "on the spot" as she was that day. Her answer sure was a doozy though -comparison can certainly be an area where women stumble.

Young and old, rich and poor, tall and short, married and single, skinny and not-so-skinny. Unfortunately, no woman is exempt from temptation to compare.

On Monday we will examine the way to guard the heart from comparison. Learning to embrace contentment in being "uniquely" you.

No comments:

Post a Comment