Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Sat(her)day" on Wednesday????

I've always said, "Sat(her)day" may be done on ANY day of the week.
Today, I am living it out...

Still "heavy" from the emotional roller coaster I've been riding over the past week it would have been REALLY EASY to pull the covers up over my head and stay in bed. I am thankful I have a friend who gave me reason (and accountablity) NOT to do that this morning.

The hour was early.

The weather cold and wet.

The traffic was insane!

But the company, conversation, and "girlfriend" time were well worth the effort. Funny how simply sharing a cup of coffee (for her) and tea (for me) would give me the strength to face my day with a spring in my step. (smile)

Sometimes life can become so "heavy" we might be tempted to withdraw. In those times, we are blessed by friends who will not let us. : )

Proverbs 27:17 speaks of the power friendship has in changing our countenance.

I spent my better late than never "Sat(her)day" on a Wednesday having my countenance "sharpened" by a friend. And it was good!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat(her)day may be done on any day (that works well for you) of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women in leadership to plan time for themselves at least once a week. My Saturday blog has proven to be an effective means of holding myself accountable. I hope it inspires you to the same accountability. : )

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend the morning, and it was BLUSTERY ... must've made the warmth even warmer. :)

    ReplyDelete