Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Sat(her)day" Snooze Button. : )

My hubby, and countless others I know, actually plan for the extra 10, 20, or 30 minutes of "snooze" time before they get up. Not me! Seems a bit silly to trade "true" sleep for "snooze" sleep. The wake up, snooze, wake up, snooze concept is (frankly) a bit annoying to me.

But I do appreciate a good snooze. This morning was one of those wonderful occasions.

Following a week of getting up every day before dawn to cook feasts and treats for my little family and my HUGE extended family --- I needed a snooze this morning. (grin)

You will not find my "snooze" button on the alarm clock by my bed. Nope, it's on the jet button on the jacuzzi. To each his own ... nothing resets the stress of the fullness of a week like "the snooze" button. : )

What is your "snooze" button?

How long has it been since you pushed it?

During the fullness of the holiday season ... don't forget to hit the "snooze" button occasionally.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat(her)day may be done on any day (that works well for you) of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women in leadership to plan time for themselves at least once a week. My Saturday blog has proven to be an effective means of holding myself accountable. I hope it inspires you to the same accountability. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment