Sunday, November 15, 2009

What Could Have Been - Part 2

The service was simple .... but powerful.

The pastor began by reading my uncle Danny's obituary.

... just a few words which had been chosen by his family to represent (in print) his contribution and his impact during his 62 years of life.

And then the pastor began to share (from the fullness of his own heart) the transformation he had witnessed in my uncle Danny during his final days on earth.

There was a change. A dramatic change. A change in my uncle's heart and mind.

What was the change? His surrender to Christ.

My uncle Danny first met Jesus when he was a child but he didn't bow his knee to Him until just a few short days before he died.

There wasn't a dry eye in the chapel as we listened to the pastor describe the change that had occurred in my uncle Danny's life.

The JOY.

The CONTENTMENT.

The PEACE.

The LOVE.

The change that occurs when we surrender ourselves to the LOVE of Christ.

I just can not tell you how happy I am that my uncle Danny experienced the fullness of Christ's Love in his final days on earth. But I know my uncle Danny would want you to know ....

Our time on earth is short. The Bible describes it as a vapor. It goes quickly!

We have no promise of tomorrow.

We are told ... TODAY is the day of salvation.

Today, if you hear His voice DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEART.

And we are promised .... ALL that call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Have you called upon the name of the Lord.

Have you been changed by His Love and His Grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment