Saturday, October 17, 2009

A "Sat(her)day" Celebration of Friendship

My Sat(her)day time today will be spent enjoying friendship.

My hubby and I are visiting some dear friends who clearly lost their minds a couple of years ago when they moved away from us. We are very excited, and I know the entire visit will be GREAT, but the "Sat(her)day" portion will be especially sweet. I'm not exactly sure WHEN it will occur .... most likely, right after the guys huddle up for "guy" stuff.

And I'm not exactly sure HOW the "Sat(her)day" portion will unfold, but I'm thinking there will be green tea involved. Yes, this is my "green tea Atlanta" friend from last Saturday's post. : )

And I know for certain there will be COOKIES! But not just any cookies .... the most incredible pumpkin, with cream cheese icing, cookies in the world. Fresh baked by another friend for this occasion. Yes indeed, this "Sat(her)day" is gonna be SWEET! Friendship is one of the sweetest blessings.

How long has it been since you nurtured a friendship? Maybe today is the day. : )
_____________________________________________
Sat(her)day may be done on any day (that works well for you) of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women in leadership to plan time for themselves at least once a week. My Saturday blog has proven to be an effective means of holding myself accountable. I hope it inspires you to the same accountability. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment