Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Sat(her)day" Stuffed French Toast!

One of my absolute favorite things to do is to be creative in the kitchen. Unfortunately, most of the meals I make are of the "hold the creativity and get it on the table quickly, please" variety.

Yet .... my passion is making the "over the top" yummy Martha Stewart type of meals for my family. (You know the ones we "real" moms and grammas just don't have the time to make very often)

This morning, I chose to use my "Sat(her)day" time allowing the creativity to flow ....

What was the creation? Strawberry/Chocolate Chip/Stuffed French Toast. It was a WIN-WIN, slam dunk. I had a BLAST being creative in the kitchen. And my family stumbled into the kitchen all smiles when they awakened.

What do you enjoy doing? Maybe it is time for you to make a hole in your schedule to accomodate it. : )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat(her)day may be done on any day (that works well for you) of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women in leadership to plan time for themselves at least once a week. My Saturday blog has proven to be an effective means of holding myself accountable. I hope it inspires you to the same accountability. : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds fantastic. This past Saturday I made a new recipe to me ... Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, and they brought rave reviews from my ABF and Jo's C-group. My loved ones loved 'em. Worth the time and care. :)

    ReplyDelete