Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Double Portion Of Bizarre" ~ Part 1

This year marks the third consecutive year I have had the privilege of attending SheSpeaks, a women's conference for Speakers, Writers, and Ministry Leaders, so I am no stranger to the "weird" occurrences prior to (and during!) the conference. This year, I received a double portion of “bizarre”…

On the eve of the conference I was fully prepared (a first!), and had 2 FULL hours before my hubby would be home. So I decided to tackle some of the things on my “to do” list for the following week. It was incredible! I don't think I have ever had such an efficient day! Sitting just one traffic light from home, and still ahead of schedule, is where my plan took a 180 degree turn.

Bam! Crunch, crackle, thud … What just happened? Oh, no! Please, don't tell me ...

Are you kidding me?

How does a car ... already at a complete stop, hit the car in front of it? ? ? ?

Rather easily (it seems) WHEN the car behind it doesn't stop!

A young man, while attempting to change lanes missed two very important details ...
1) Traffic was stopped.
2) The lane he wished to occupy was ALREADY taken!
His mistake was a rude awakening to the car behind me, and (in turn) to me.

Because I was prayed up, and prepared for a Christian conference (smile), grace flowed somewhat easily through me as I said, “Accidents happen, no one was hurt.” I called in the report, and our little “parade” settled in to wait for a police officer to respond. It was rush hour, and our accident was without injury, so we were told the wait would (most likely) be LONG.

Funny thing about waits, they give you time to reflect ...

Poor planning on my part the year before had resulted in pulling an (almost) all-nighter the night before the conference. Needless to say, the 4 ½ hour drive the next morning was tough! I smiled as I thought, this year is better. Inconvenient, aggravating, not without incident, and not without cost, but STILL way better than last year! I would be home soon, and I was prepared...

What was still to come would leave me speechless! Check back on Monday for part 2 of "Double Portion Of Bizarre"

No comments:

Post a Comment