Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Sat (Her) Day" - Keeping It Real

What was I thinking? Why in the world would I write on humility? Obviously, because I would be "living it" all week! I will spare you the details and simply say ... the humility lesson from "SonDay, Sunday!" is fresh and new "in" me! : )

This week has made me glad I opened my big mouth last Saturday (see "Sat Her Day! - Over the Top Good") because without the accountability of those strong promises ... my day would not have started the way it did today.

Last night, knowing I would need to hit the ground running to attend to all the FULLNESS of this day of celebration, I set my alarm extra early. When the alarm went off, I retreated to my sanctuary (a.k.a. the bathtub!)

I know this may be a little much for some but ... there in the stillness of the (EARLY) morning, while soaking in a bubble bath - - I met with my God. I allowed the bubbles to take away the physical stress, and I poured out my heart (worries, concerns, hurts of the week) to my God.

That is how I did something "good" for me today. It required an adjustment in my schedule but it was well worth it! ... I am off, and running! Taking the time "for me" this morning to prepare physically, mentally, and spirtually was a good investment.

Gotta run, my son is here in ten minutes with his little birthday girl, and grammy is equipped to make this a day to remember for the most precious little 8 year old who ever lived, and her daddy! : )

How will you "prepare yourself" this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment