Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"SonDay, Sunday" - Humility

In my Adult Bible Fellowship (a.k.a. adult Sunday School) this week we had a guest speaker from our church counseling ministry. I was deeply moved by this portion of his presentation - I am posting it here (with his permission, of course) in hopes it will be an encouragement to you, or someone you know ...


I want to be your friend, but first I must be your Lord.
Your pride is the primary hindrance to intimacy with Me.
I will help you deal with your pride.

As your sovereign, loving Lord, I will allow painful, unpleasant
circumstances into your life offering you the opportunity to
surrender to My wisdom, My ways, My plans, and My agenda.

Your surrender in itself will be saying no to your pride and
embracing humility … allowing you to draw closer to Me.
As you surrender more and more of your will to Me,
you will experience profound emotional peace.

Jesus
________________________________________

Will you surrender? Begin today. Or begin again, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment