Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Sat (Her) Day, Saturday!" - Over the Top Good

This morning was "over-the-top" good ya'll ... and it wasn't even planned!

I was awakened by the silence of an empty house. No, that's not the good part and before rumors start flying around - there's no trouble on the home front. Hubby was simply playing an early morning round of golf. :- )

My "over-the-top" good morning began in the kitchen, when I did the UNTHINKABLE task of ... preparing a fantastic breakfast JUST FOR ME! I enjoyed my "girly" favorite, veggie omelet and an assortment of fresh fruits, and discovered cooking for one is fun, and yummy!

After cleaning up the kitchen, I got dressed and went to the gym. (Proof-positive of the connection between food and behavior ... Let's just say, I have never gone to the gym at 7am on a Saturday after eating an EggMcMuffin!)

After a shower, with the spontaneity still in the air, I remembered an unused gift certificate I had been given for a manicure & pedicure ... and it was calling my name! Mani & Pedi - here I come!

That's how my Saturday morning turned into "Sat (Her) Day!" morning.
I'm NOT writing this to brag, I'm writing this to encourage you to "go and do likewise" ...


Easy now, hang on - - Am I saying, kick everyone out of the house on Saturday? Certainly Not!

Am I saying, cook for only yourself on Saturday? Certainly Not!

Am I saying, to spend every Saturday at the gym, or getting a pedicure? Certainly Not!

Am I saying, to seek an "over the top" good "Sat (Her) Day!" experience every week? Certainly Not!

What I'm saying is ... my "over-the-top" experience reminded me it is okay and (dare I say???) HEALTHY to do "good" to ourselves on a regular basis.

That said, in an effort to hold you (and myself!) accountable, "Sat (Her) Day!" will be a regular feature on my blog. Every Saturday, I will share how I have chosen to do "good" to myself (some weeks may be an entire morning, other weeks might be just 5 minutes) and I will encourage you to do likewise ... by doing something "just for you" on Saturday, or the day of your choice during the week.

It will be fun, and encouraging, as we hold one another accountable in the weeks ahead ...

CAUTION - This practice of doing "good" to yourself will greatly affect your attitude while doing "good" to others. Be prepared to be caught smiling more often! :-)

1 comment: