Friday, September 25, 2009

The Balance Battle

I am absolutely convinced ... balance will be a LIFE LONG struggle for me! Seriously, EVEN in my quest to regain balance ... I can get out of balance!

You would think, knowing my propensity toward extremes and the number of times I have had to adjust my behavior to regain balance, I would no longer be surprised ... : ) Anyone relating with me here? Maybe just a bit???

The secret's out ... I am a woman of extremes. You know, the girl who is either ALL IN or ALL OUT! This is not necessarily a bad thing ... my hubby has never once complained during one of my cooking extremes. He has (however) reminded me of my need for balance when I am in one of my no-cooking extremes. : )

And so we are back to that ... balance.

The need to modify our behavior to regain balance.

The need for moderation.

------------------------------------------------------------

Moderation : Webster's defines it this way ...

To lessen the intensity of extremes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Are you out of balance?

If so ... your behavior needs to be modified.

Begin by asking, in what area (extreme) do you need to lessen the intensity?

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder, Patty. A really rainy day when we are forced to be "all in" :) is a great time to reflect and examine my balance factor.

    ReplyDelete