Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Sat(her)day" Reflection

My "Sat(her)day" time was nothing fancy today ya'll but ... oh, so good! And oh ... so necessary!

In closing yesterday (see "The Balance Battle"), I suggested we identify areas (extremes) in our lives that need to be lessened in intensity. So, resisting the urge to go ice-skating, I stayed home and did just that. : )

You may be wondering if ice-skating is really an area that needs to be lessened in intensity in my life. Right now, it most certainly could get out of control. But there have been (and will be again) other leisure activities I enjoy like ... reading, swimming, cooking, gardening, and riding roller coasters that have required a lessening in intensity to regain proper balance.

There are also the areas of work and study that can consume us. Even as a wife, mom, or grandma there will be times it is necessary to adjust the intensity to regain balance.

And I have saved the most dangerous for last ... dare I say ... our ministries. This one is tough because it is so difficult to consider this area may be in need of a lessening in intensity. But hear me when I say, ministry can become an extreme, and it will ... if left unchecked.

All of these things are good. All of these things are for our good. But all of these things will clean our clock if we don't keep the proper balance.

Today, on this rainy day in September, I spent my "Sat(her)day" in reflection.

Identifying the "good" things needing to be lessened in intensity to regain balance.

I invite you to do likewise.

Still wondering ... yes, but how? Join me on Monday for more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sat(her)day" can be done on any day of the week. It is meant to be an encouragement and a reminder to women of our need to be nurtured so we do not grow weary of being a nurturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment