Monday, September 21, 2009

"Moving On Monday" - It is easier to be ready than to try to get ready!

Somewhere between my "swings & hindu pushups" this morning, a conversation I had with a friend in late July came back to my memory ... I had just returned from "SheSpeaks," a women's conference for speakers, writers, and teachers when I confided in my friend there were two main take-aways for me from the conference ... 1) to lose some weight. 2) to respect my husband.

No, that was NOT the topic of the conference. What woman would attend a conference on that topic?!? No, this little baby was just for me ... It was a message I was getting in private, loud and clear. And I was none too happy about it. To which my dear friend and ministry partner replied, "Now, that's blog-able!"

Easy for her to say! There was NO WAY I was going to blog about God taking me to "SheSpeaks" to tell me I needed to drop some pounds! Some things are just plain private. Right? Obviously not. : )

Today, I am laughing. And I am in complete agreement with my friend that this is in fact ... "blog-able!"

There was no way for me to know in late July that today I would be preparing for a trip. A trip my husband and I have been dreaming of for 15 years! A trip that I would have only 5 weeks to prepare for!!! But God did. : )

If I had only listened to Him in July, I wouldn't be stressing out today over things like ...

Just how many days can a girl go without food anyway?

And

How many "swings" & "hindu pushups" will it take to not giggle?


Needless to say, the message I received in July is a little easier to accept knowing what I know today. And may I add, I have a new take-away ... It is much easier to "be ready" than to try to hurry up and get ready. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Has God given you a message (in private) you were not expecting?

Something you are none too happy about?

You have a choice friend ...

you can listen to God and "be ready"

or you can continue to be offended by the message and do nothing

Either way, what is coming WILL come.

And (take it from one who knows) it is MUCH easier to "be ready" than to try to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment