Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sat(her)day - Drive

This has been a week of extremes.

Extreme highs like, a wedding celebration, a speaking engagement, the start of a new session of Bible study, and some precious time with a young friend while his parents were away.

And extreme lows like, heart-breaking stories of divorce, unwed pregnancy, custody battles, terminal illness, job-loss, financial struggles, and drug addiction.

Yes, it has been a week of extremes.

Extreme weeks call for extreme measures! So for my "Sat(her)day" time today, I put on my favorite convertible ball cap, put the top down, and was off for a mid-day afternoon wind-down ... drive!

First stop - my favorite "drive-thru" for a strawberry mango freeze. Then on to my favorite driving stretch by the lake. Sipping on my freeze, singing along with my favorite CD, while driving alongside the lake ... I spent my "Sat(her)day!" And it was good. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment