Sunday, September 6, 2009

SonDay, Sunday - God Can Do Anything! Just ask a 3rd Grader...

Every Sunday, I have the privilege of teaching a wonderful group of 8 & 9 year old boys and girls. I am the teacher and also a student. Here's what I learned in 3rd grade today ...

We spent the bulk of our time looking at Luke 1:37. One translation read: Nothing will be impossible with God. Another read: God can do anything. I had a blast (and it was a perfect fit for my sanquine personality) discussing just how big God is!

We also spent some time looking at our differences and similarities. As the students paired up with a classmate they made a list of some of the ways they were different and similiar. We spent some time celebrating the unique way God had designed each one of them.

In our closing time together, the students were given a note card, an envelope, and an opportunity. On the note card (if they chose to do so) they were to write their most prominent ability, talent, or passion. Then place the card in the envelope, seal it, and write - - To: God, From: Their Name

This was when it really got good ... with great excitement and enthusiasm, these precious children did it! Never have I seen such a VIVID display of faith! These kids truly believed God had given them their abilities, talents, and passions for a specific purpose. And they were anxious to give them back to God to use however He chose to do so. WHAT GREAT FAITH!

How I know my Jesus smiled on their faith today. I sure did. : )

This is what I learned in 3rd grade Sunday School today ... we "big" people sure can learn a lot about faith from "little" people.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment