Friday, September 11, 2009

"Where Were You?"

The "where were you" question of our generation is, "Where were you on 9-11?"

... I was at home. I heard the first report while I was dressing for work. I literally fell into a chair as I watched the gut wrenching moments unfold LIVE on the morning news. I never made it to work that day. Like millions of Americans, my priorities suddenly changed. My agenda didn't seem too important anymore. I was glued to the TV.

The images of that day are forever burned into my memory. Images of things I never dreamed were possible on American soil. The America on TV didn't even look like America! It was not the America that I had known. This was "news" all right. It was a new day, a new time, and a new America. And things were not looking good! Things would never be the same. I was scared.

Join me tomorrow for more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment